Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Game
I'm no rich guy who can buy every new game that comes out, so I won't review many full games. Today I'm going to review the Army of TWO The Devil's Cartel Demo. It's 1.7 GB so most of you will have space to download this demo. In The Devil's Cartel you fight against a Mexican drug cartel, La Guadaña. This third person shooter uses the Frostbite 2 engine, which we know from Battlefield 3, so we will get good graphics. The demo is coöp.

Time to play!
The demo starts with a cool promotion video. After that you get an introduction to the moment where you start to play. The graphics of the game look good. You need to kill groups of enemies, several times in the demo. I think the aiming too easy. Without doing my best the half of my kills was a headshot. I hope that the full game has diffilculty settings because this is just too easy.

A nice thing I noticed was environmental damage. If you shoot several bullets at a pillar it will break in pieces. Wood is also breakable. The playing area of the game was an abandoned factory. The factory didn't allow me to chose a way to attack my enemies. There were nearly no options to chose from if you encountered a group of enemies. I must say that the factory had nice textures.

I chose to play in Solo mode, that's means that I'm playing with a AI-player. That AI-player isn't a nice team-mate. He doesn't react with the living player. He doesn't kill many opponents and after everybody is dead, he runs away. Mister AI doesn't wait for me. My intention is not to finish a game as fast as I can, but mister AI wants to, and if I don't follow, I'm told that I need to follow him. But if I want to enjoy the environment, I will do. I think it would be more fun if mister AI followed me, since I'm the one playing the game.

At the end you do some awesome shooting from a helicopter. That is a nice part, but easy, just like the rest of the demo. I didn't need to aim precise to kill all the enemies at the helicopter shooting. It's a spectacular part, with much explosions, but again mister AI didn't do anything. I never saw him killing an enemy.

I think the Army of TWO The Devil's Cartel Demo is a cool demo, but the AI is annoying and the possibilities to attack a group of guys are too limited.

You can find an album of the demo here (sorry for the bad quality, I don't have a screen capture device): Album

0 reactions:

Post a Comment